Katie and I have been talking about our favorite books of the year and coincidentally each had a list of seven. So this year we’ll be a little odd and present you with our favorite seven books of 2012.
1. The Fault in Our Stars– this was by far my favorite book of the year. If you haven’t read it yet, you need to pick it up. Incredible.
2. Code Name Verity– another book full of humor and wit and sadness. I read this in one go and did not regret one second of my anti-socialism.
3. Insurgent-The sequel to Divergent was even more action-packed and wonderful than the first.
4. Reached– The series leads up to an awesome conclusion- although I wasn’t a huge fan of the second installment, this third one made the whole experience worth it.
5. The Scorpio Races– This one caused me to go out to dinner and bring the book with.
6. Wanderlove– the only book in the world that made me want to go backpacking. Perfect for vacations.
7. The Brides of Rollrock Island– this one was weird and creepy but if you can get past the confusion of the first few chapters leads to a strange story that sticks with you.